This page is dedicated to FAQ and general information about which we are often asked by readers.
(Last updated: 2021/10/17)
1. How often does a series get released on the website?
It depends on the popularity of that series on our site. We judge popularity by total of views and comments of said series. If there are many readers commenting on a series on our site, it is possible that we release the series faster, maybe even the same day as raw. When the readers are shown to be really into the series, we prioritize pushing out our translations as fast as we can without harming quality. If a series is less popular, it may be delayed a bit.
2. How can we comment on this website?
Simply by creating an account.
3. Is there benefit of creating account on the GS website?
Of course, you have your own reader account which saves your reading list. You can also change this site theme (default, light, dark), setup how many pages it automatically loads whenever you read the chapter from 1-10 pages (guest with no acc only loads 1 image as they scroll down). And many more.
4. Do you give permission for other sites to share/repost your scans?
No. Here’s a kind reminder.
Do support our releases of all series we’re working on by reading on our official website! Please share to others that we never gave any sites other than our own, permission to upload any of our projects! Reuploading might also contribute to a delay of the series release. If you’re a respectful reader, kindly read all these series we have on our website and remind others to do so too. It motivates all of our staff to push with the new releases asap when you read on our site and engage with the series! When we’re working that hard to provide a quality release, it truly demotivates us when people read our projects on other sites, especially aggregators!
The only other instance in which you should see our works on another site is on bato.to under the account hazel11, or on Mangadex under gourmetscans. But we’re not actively posting there. If a posting is found under any other account, it is unauthorized, and you should contact us in #discuss-with-kitchen-🍷 channel on discord.
5. Is Gourmet Scans affiliated with any other scans group? How to be affiliated?
No, we aren’t. We’ve received several affiliate requests but since our group doesn’t generally do this, we don’t really accept them. But, we always welcome series collaborations!
6. Why do Gourmet staff have food names?
These are our code names. There isn’t really a specific reason, it’s just something unique and we enjoy calling each other’s code names. It’s like some dress code at the party but we’re in the kitchen, no? It also helps because it suits our theme as well, since we are Gourmet Scans.
7. What’s the difference of Gourmet Scans and Daddies Supremacy?
Gourmet Scans (main group) is a group that formerly took on all types of projects but more recently, we’ve decided to shift our focus to manga, manhua and novels. Gourmet will still continue to handle the current manhwa projects but we’ll stop taking new, upcoming manhwas in the future.
And so, this led to the formation of a sub-group called Daddies Supremacy. This group specializes in manhwas and will take on upcoming manhwa releases.
The main difference is that both groups may have some members working across both groups, but (DS) activities are separated from the main group (GS). Anyone who joins Daddies as staff won’t automatically become a part of Gourmet if they don’t take a gourmet test but Gourmet trainee can join Daddies without further test needed; this also means they won’t be able to access both work channels on discord if they don’t have the appropriate role in the respective group~
8. Do you guys allow groups to retranslate your projects? For example, can a Spanish group use your English TL (translation) and translate it into Spanish?
We (Gourmet Scans and Daddies Supremacy) allow re-translations if the following conditions are met:
1. Permission should be requested, either through discord by DMing an executive or by emailing [email protected]
↳ You must include the name of your team and a link to the website where you post your translations and your discord if available.
2. You must create a banner or credit page crediting the original English TL team and attach it to all chapters you use our TL in. When you have made this credit page, please submit it to us first before publishing so we can follow up with our team and give you feedback.
3. You must supply your own raws and cleans. Please support the author by getting the raws yourself. And we will not provide our cleaning team's work.
9. Why can’t I find the Gourmet extension on Tachiyomi?
On March 2021, Gourmet requested the app to delete our extension. This is because reading on Tachiyomi does not support us as a scans group. To motivate our staff to keep scanlating, please read our work only on our site at gourmetscans.net!
10. How do we support the scanlation team?
You can simply support the team by reading on our official website (gourmetscans.net) and disable adblock because the ads you see on the website is important for us to pay our monthly website server fee and other services we use at the moment (as such plugins/features). Please note that we will not acknowledge readers of our project(s) who read from aggregator sites who steal our works!*Please note that we do all of this for free! none of our content is supposed to be paid for, and we don’t sell any of our translations, or do anything like “buying” chapters in advance. All of our scans content is FREE! These pages below are meant for our readers who want to support our releases, because it helps us maintain our website and continue working hard!
And you can also voluntarily support the team on the links below.